HOME NAVIGATION PAGE CONTACT US
SALVATION I. & II.
The foundation of all Christian living and service.
Of all of the needs of life, preeminent is the need for life- after this life. All of mankind is under the curse of death. Death, the end of physical life, is a common end for every human being; and without Salvation all will suffer the second death- hell and the
lake of fire.
As Christians, we know about Salvation through Christ. We even know the rudiments of what Salvation means. But few of us know what the term really means. Oh yes, we know what benefits we derive from it, forgiveness of sin, Heaven, the power of God dwelling within us to help us to strive toward godly living, etc., but we don't have the real depth of knowledge about Salvation that is available to us. And since it is available to us, then to not partake of that knowledge is to disobey God's command that we study His Word.
Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a
that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The study of
this subject will be in two parts. Salvation I. will be a simple outline study of the subject.
Salvation II. will be an in-depth study of the intricacies of the subject.
This is a First Level required course.
The purpose of this class is to teach you the foundation upon which all
of our Christian life is built. Salvation by God's grace through
faith in Christ is the cornerstone of our faith and the only means of gaining the Holy Spirit who
alone can equip us for all ministry for God
and empower us for a life of godly living and effective service.
When you finish this class you will have a biblical working knowledge of Salvation- what it is, what it isn't, who it is from, how to get it, how to keep it, and through that knowledge gained, how to pass it on to others in obedience to Christ.
- Transcript and Grades Form: Students are also required to report their grades for verification to the Administrative Office every 6 months.
This is accomplished by means of the TRANSCRIPT and GRADES FORM.
This form is required so we have a current record of courses you have completed as well as your test scores for EACH course.
That way, if you have a catastrophic loss of records we will have a relatively current one to send to you.
If you need help using that form you can access an Instruction Video explaining its use.
When you reach that page, scroll down to the video entitled How to Use the Transcript and Grades Template.
Update that same copy of the form every time you pass a quiz/test and also when you complete a course.
In: If you have not already done so, please SIGN
for this course.
- Minimum required attendance for the entire course is 7 weeks.
- Minimum required attendance per lesson is 1 week.
- The maximum testing schedule for this course.
You may take and submit not more than 1 section/lesson test each week.
- Course Record form: If you have not already done so from a link earlier in these instructions, print a Course Record Form on which to keep all pertinent information for this course. You will need this information for other forms which you will fill out later in this course. You only need to print one copy of the form for each course. On it you will record all information for each course.
- Complete each section of the textbook, looking up all of the scriptures referenced. You must use the King James Version because all of the scriptures in these courses are from that version. There are blanks in the scriptures which are quoted in the lessons. No provision is made for you to fill in the blanks, they are there only to make it necessary for you to go to your Bible to read the completed reference and or to bring your attention to a particular portion of the scripture.
The Salvation course is worth one (1) credit.
- Read and submit the TESTING INSTRUCTIONS AGREEMENT form if you have not already done so. How to input your User Name is given in the Testing Instructions Agreement If you do not read and file that form you will not know how to input your User Name. Only one Testing Instruction form is required per student for their file.
WARNING: If you do not read and follow the Testing Instructions Agreement form you will not be able to correctly fill out the information page of the tests. Therefore, without a Testing Instruction form in your file your tests will be disallowed and they will not be credited to you. And if you do not know how to correctly fill out the information page on the test then it cannot automatically email you a copy of your test as it is designed to do.
- Name entry on tests: Students are required to use proper letter-case when inputting their names on all submissions to the college. Example: If your name is John Smith, then input John Smith, not john smith. or JOHN SMITH. If you do not use proper letter-case when you input your name on a test, then the test will be Disallowed and discarded.
- Open book tests: All tests in the Salvation course are "open book," which means that you may use all study materials (workbook, textbook, Bible, etc.) while taking the tests.
EXACT ANSWERS: Those tests that are open book will often require the exact answer from the textbook, workbook, or Bible, whichever of the study materials are appropriate, for most of the questions. Incorrect answers, spelling errors, punctuation errors, extra spaces before or anywhere in the answer or after the answer, will cause the answer to be scored as "Incorrect." Along with the privilege of using your study materials and taking an "open book" test comes the responsibility of giving the answers to questions verbatim from those study materials wherever required.
each section, and meeting the one week minimum attendance requirement for the lesson, then you may take the test for that
section. All tests are open book, which means that you can use
your textbook/workbook to help you take the test.
- If you fail a test, then review the text and then take the test again on or after the next day. Repeat this process until you pass the test.
- ATTENTION: You MAY NOT Take any test more than once on any one day.
Should you fail a test you must wait until the next day to repeat it.
You may NOT take more than one test in any one subject on any one day.
- When you have passed the section test, then go on to the next section after reviewing the text in order to find the correct answers to any questions missed on the test. Once you have received a passing score on a test, do not take it again. Only your first passing score will be added to you file. Any others will be discarded.
We must process and discard additional tests by hand and this causes extra work for us. So please only take or retake the tests until you pass them.
- After completing the last section and passing the test for that section, then you will need to go to the SIGN IN page and submit it as "Finished" and then retrieve the PASSWORD and take the FINAL TEST. You will find the Password and Final Test links at the bottom of this page.
NOTE on TESTING:
of tests: Sometimes
tests do not submit properly. This can be due to a glitch in
the test, a problem with your computer, or an Internet
problem. Therefore, students are required to save a copy of
the Results Page of every test that they take. This is
necessary so that if a test does not submit properly the student
will have a copy of the Results page to submit to us upon our
request. (Do NOT send it unless we request that you do
so.) The copy of the Results Page can then be placed in your
academic file in lieu of the actual test.
You can click HERE for instructions for saving a copy of the Results Page to your computer. You may want to print out a copy of those instructions or else you can save an electronic copy to your computer.
on MISSED QUESTIONS:
you had any wrong answers on any test, then you must restudy that
section of the textbook or the Bible, whichever is appropriate for the question, and find all of the correct answers to the
questions that you missed on the test. This is required whether you pass or fail the test.
SALVATION COURSE TEXTBOOK:
Click on the links in the list below to go to each individual section of the textbook.
you are in doubt about any of the process to begin this first
course, you may review the
and it will take you through all of the necessary forms to get
you to this first course. It can be used to guide you
through the process to begin any of the courses. Simply
indicate which course you want to take when asked in the
Tutorial to select a course. The Tutorial can always be
accessed from the Classes main page should you need it for
some other course or it can be accessed from the Forms link in the left-hand Nav bar on any page that has that bar.
The textbook has been divided into 7 sections with each section containing one lesson. You will download each section, one at a time, and study that section and then take the test any time after you have fulfilled the minimum required attendance for the lesson- which, as listed above, is 1 week for the lessons in this course.
COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY
If you are registered with our Video College, SLBCV, you may request access to the videos by clicking HERE.
- WARNING - if you are NOT registered with the Video College, DO NOT ACCESS the videos. You cannot
receive credit for the video courses unless you are registered with the video college.
Should you decide to register with the VIDEO COLLEGE and take courses through that college, please click this link for Video College. The Video College is NOT FREE. There is a $50.00 USD per month Administrative/Production fee required of all students.
WHO REGISTERED ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 2017
If you are a student that registered on or after July 1, 2017 to pursue a degree, be sure you have your Administrative Fee up-to-date or have received a Waiver for the Fee before completing this course or you cannot receive credit for it.
If you would like a complete printable copy, without the test links, click the following link.
This link is to a copy that cannot be used for study purposes. It is only for printing a copy of the textbook for your library.
Salvation by Dr. T.E. VanBuskirk
HARD COPY to PURCHASE: A hard copy of this book may be purchased from Lulu publishing.
Goto the website http://lulu.com and search for "Salvation"
When the list page appears, scroll down to Salvation by Dr. T.E. VanBuskirk.
Order from Lulu and they will ship the book to you.
ADDITIONAL READING: Students are required to read the following book
while taking this course. You must finish reading it before taking the Final Test for this course.
It is offered in two formats- choose whichever you are able to open on your computer.
What's Behind Your Light in Kindle format.
If you do not have a Kindle reader on your computer you can download one for free off the Internet.
What's Behind Your Light in pdf format.
You may also print out the textbook for your own use or to give away to others.
You may also order hard-copies of this book and others by the author at www.JamesWilkins.org.
You may now begin the Salvation Course by clicking the Lesson links below:
(Click the following links to access each individual
lesson in the course.)
I. What is it?
II. Where did it come from and how is it brought about?
III. How do we get it and the benefits of it?
IV. How long is it for?
V. By who's power is it given and sustained?
VI. Is it mine and who says whether it is or not?
VII. The conclusion of the whole matter.
TO DOWNLOAD COMPLETE TEXTBOOK:
To download the entire textbook in one pdf file, including all active links, click this link Salvation, complete text.
TEST and Finish Sign In form
- After completing the last section and passing the test for that section, then you will need to go to the Finish SIGN IN page and submit the "Finish Sign In" form. You are not eligible to take the Final Test in this course until you have met the minimum attendance requirement of 7 weeks. Your attendance is computed starting with the date that you submitted your original Begin Sign In form and ending with the date that you submit your Finish Sign In form.
- Once you have completed all sections of the textbook and passed all of the corresponding tests, and found the correct answers to any questions missed on any test, then you may Retrieve the Password and, upon receiving the Password, take the Final Test for the course on or after the day following your submission of your Finish Sign In form.
- Once you pass the final test do not take it again.
- If you fail the final test then you need to restudy both the textbook and all of the section tests and then retake the final test. Repeat this process until you pass the Final Test; but, you may not take the Final Test, or any other test, more than once on any one day.
- If you miss any questions on the Final Test, even though you may have passed it, then you need to review the textbook and all of the section tests and find the correct answers to the questions you missed. This is a requirement.
You will now retrieve the Password to gain access to the Final Test.
You cannot access the Final Test without the password.
to MOODLE STUDENTS:
If you are registered with the SLBC Moodle site,
DO NOT take the Final Test through the link below.
Return to the Moodle site to take ALL of your tests
in ALL of your courses. Your courses must be
studied from there and all submissions
must be to that site. There can
be NO EXCEPTIONS to this.
on words or picture)
If you are NOT a Moodle student,
please Retrieve your Password
through the link below.
You must have this password to gain access to the Final Test.
Final test is "open book" i.e., you may
all of your study materials while taking the test.
on words or picture)
THIS COURSE IS NOT YET AVAILABLE
Salvation II. will be an in-depth study of the intricacies of the subject.